Friday, May 24, 2013

A few little changes


Got one of my faux Kelly Wearstler Imperial Trellis pillows out of storage. It looks fresh again with a cobalt blue throw.


Thrifted this basket, which now holds my entire craft stash. (The bottom fell out of my last basket, also thrifted.)


Almost threw out these fake budding branches. Trying them for a pop of white in the bedroom. They tip over once a day.


And bought my very first item from Anthropologie, which privileged me with the bag with the ribbons and the grommets and the dainty font and the tissue paper - for a soap dish on sale for $5.

It's hand blown Mexican glass. Structurally it functions as a soap bar Slip N Slide, landing my Dove  behind the sink every morning. I'm thinking about turning it into a piece of jewelry.

The delights of blogging - posting photos of one's bathroom sink to an admiring audience of 10 or so.

7 comments:

  1. That carved screen is gorgeous. The branches look great with the screen but the tipping factor would drive me nuts. Maybe a little weighted vase filler, even just a little white "sand box sand" from a home improvement store should weigh enough not to tip. Coffee beans would compliment the screen and smell delish! So glad you finally got to enjoy the Anthro package experience. Robin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It never occurred to me to put weight in the vase. Thanks for the tip.

      Delete
  2. This audience of 1 thinks your bathroom sink, and in particular your new soap dish, are beautiful. Little treats like this bring Anthro happiness in range of all of us who are hesitant to buy their big ticket items ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, you are so funny! :-) I love the budding branches + screen combo, they look so high-end. And I love your soap slip-n-slide...one reason I can't do a glass soap-dish is because the soap always has a mind of its own and prefers to jump out onto the counter. LOL!
    xo
    Carly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baskets are my #1 thing to look for at thrift stores lately, and it seems like you had some luck finding a great one. And can we talk about the carved screen? Tell me more...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're gonna hate me. We picked it up off the street.

      Delete