Thursday, October 21, 2010

Jewelry






These are a few of the pieces I snitched from my mom's jewelry collection. I've been wearing the groovy white necklace - a 1950s Trifari piece - at least once a week. The silver earrings remind me of tea diffusers. It's rare to find a lacy silver set of earrings that are clips.

The link necklace reminds me of the Michael Kors version from last year. This one is at least a couple decades old. The big turquoise necklace is new from T.J.Maxx. The leopard print in the background is a coat my mom picked up at a garage sale for $5, never worn. (Believe me, I'm wearing it now.)

With a few more baubles, I will be well on my way to this look.


Images: Iris Apfel by Bruce Weber.

11 comments:

  1. the oversized links are fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lovely haul of jewelley, and I particulary like the classy lacy earrings; I've never seen anything like them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing collection. There is almost nothing better than a good piece of vintage jewelry and that Trifari piece is very chic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the jewelry, I have quite a few vintage peices myself, and I love Ms Apfel she is for sure and ICON without a doubt

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been waiting to see what treasures you found! Very cool! Your posts have inspired me to look for unique pieces like this to begin to collect to hand down to MY daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have some lovely pieces. And I love Iris Apfel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE THAT NECKLACE! the white one at the top is simply perfect!
    xoxo
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW love the pieces. And great photo at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a fab jewelry collection. I always said I want to be Iris Apfel when I grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That ring is beautiful! I have a little elephant pendant done in that same style that I wear all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love these, and the fabrics they are showcased on.

    ReplyDelete