Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Sidewalk hieroglyphics


One good thing about a lot of rain is it keeps the sidewalks clean. Normally Montague Street and environs stink like a render farm by July.

Another benefit is that you notice things on the sidewalks when they are shiny wet, like the painted marks all up and down Columbia Heights, which are as inscrutable as crop circles. I think they are made by:
  • The Con Edison people or
  • Extraterrestrials

This is the only one I understand. It's pointing me in the direction of home.

4 comments:

  1. you asked about wet sanding- it's just lightly dampening the object with water and sanding with super fine 400 grit sandpaper. it's unbelievable how smooth the mod podge gets and i had no idea what it was when i heard about it either. b had to explain it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The top pic is great! I'm always fascinated by marks on the sidewalk for some reason. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love your blog!
    I've only just discovered it and am passing you on a nice little award that is doing the virtual rounds. Come visit my page, cut and paste the award and pass it on to other blogs you love!
    http://herlittleplace.blogspot.com/2009/07/blog-appreciation.html

    xx

    ReplyDelete