Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The endlessly inventive plain white plate


A few weeks ago, I reported on the exciting development of receiving a new set of dishes (and trying to let go of the old ones.) Readers Red Shoes and Stephanie sang the praises of plain white dishes. Steph sent me these photos, which show just what fabric napkins, chargers and placemats can do for the plain white plate.

Up until now, my napkin folding techniques have been limited to stuffing and fluffing them in the wine glass. Go here for instructions on how to get fancy.






3 comments:

  1. what gorgeous set ups! love the first shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you by any chance seen the recent House Beautiful? They have a whole section in there where different designers work with white plates. It inspired me to try some different options with mine...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't seen it. I will check out their website. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete