Thursday, April 25, 2013

Tulips


One advantage of the unseasonably cool weather in New York is that the tulips are sticking around longer than usual. I like them up close and very personal.

Here are a few in the neighborhood taken with a 50mm lens on normal and on backwards to turn it into a macro lens. I was really excited to discover the macro option until a friend at work informed me you can buy adapters for it and he had in fact built his own. I'm never on the front end of the curve.
 





9 comments:

  1. Tulips are my absolute favorite flower. They are so pretty, and it always means the weather is going to get better. I love all of the pics you took.



    Heidi’s Wanderings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto tulips being a fav flower. The saturated colors in these photos are stunning and I love macro photography, especially with flowers, allowing just the essence to be captured. All your photos are lovely but that first pic is a stand out. And I didn't know about the macro trick, in fact I've been hinting that I want a macro lens. I'll be a happy girl if that trick works for me ... thanks for sharing ... you're always such a great source for ideas and info.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much. It takes a steady hand. A tripod would have been better than squatting over somebody's flowerbed in heels but you do what you can.

      Delete
  3. I never heard of the macro trick either! Very cool! What kind of camera are you using?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Canon T4i with Canon's "Nifty Fifty" 50mm lens. Love both.

      Delete
  4. Daaaaamn. I'm amazed by this turn-the-lens-backward trick. Might have to try it with my 50mm lens now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness, these are stunning. I'm about to Pin a couple of them; hope you don't mind....

    ReplyDelete