Monday, April 15, 2013

Thrifted and gifted


A few favorite recent acquisitions.

Above, a lush floral I gifted to myself. Good floral is hard to find. Good cheap floral even more so. This is from the teenybopper store Rainbow. I paid $17 for it. There's a similar one on their website for $12.

Tip: Stuff never goes on sale at the Rainbow in Brooklyn. If you like it, buy it immediately.



To help you appreciate the coolness of this blouse, I present to you a list of somewhat similar blouses. Keep in mind, you could buy 65 Rainbow blouses for the price of one of these. Clockwise from left: Haute Hippie floral blouse at Piperlime, Love Moschino floral blouse, Dolce and Gabbana silk floral blouse, Vivienne Westwood floral blouse.

In the recently thrifted category would be my tapered Marc Jacobs bow flats, which were like new when I got them and has to be THE FIND of the season.


I tracked down a similar pair of Marc Jacobs flats for $620, which, if I had known, I would have had someone carry me from place to place whenever I have mine on.

Some more affordable bow flat and tapered flat options would be as follows:
  • Mel by Melissa Mel Stawberry black patent bow flats for $39 and free shipping.
  • Me Too Patty black bow flats for $54 and free shipping. (My friend who had ankle surgery swears by Me Too brand for comfort.)Widely regarded as a dead ringer for J.Crew's Viv flats.
  • JCP has bow flats for $35 and a whole series of tapered Worthington flats in various colors for $28. Can't speak to the comfort level.
Have you found any good deals lately?


3 comments:

  1. Damn, you have to be the thrifting queen. Those JCP Liz & Co. bow flats are surprisingly cute, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love your new shirt. I am enjoying floral trend and am so glad it's still current.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what an amazing find for those shoes! I love the floral blouse you scooped up; it indeed is hard to find a nice, inexpensive one that doesn't look it!
    xo
    Lia
    Smart n Snazzy

    ReplyDelete