Thursday, December 13, 2012

A landmark changes hands

 
Some friends of mine recently moved out of the Hotel Bossert in Brooklyn  Heights, which is being converted from apartments back into a hotel.

I took the opportunity to take some photos of the now empty lobby and roof lounge. The "Waldorf-Astoria of Brooklyn," the Bossert was built in 1909 and renovated in the late 1980s.

My husband's first apartment in the city was here, which he shared with three other guys back when the place was a rat bunker.

Highlights are the ornate restored ceiling, mural, rooftop view and those fabulous fabulous chandeliers.











Manhattan reflected in the Bossert's roof lounge window.


One of the last lobby guys.


The Hotel Bossert in its new incarnation as a boutique hotel is scheduled to open next summer with rooms at $300 a pop.

2 comments:

  1. I just love that first picture. The chandelier looks like a flower. Such a beautiful building.

    --Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful place. I can imagine how neat it would have been to actually live there... after the restoration :)
    I wish I new more about NY.

    xx
    maya

    ReplyDelete