Friday, January 16, 2009

A thousand splendid fabrics part 2

With the confidence of a smart, urbane, over 40 female, I have narrowed my throw pillow fabric choice down to this:


This is Kelly Wearstler's Imperial Trellis, which according to some sources has been overdone and has gone the way of pointy toed shoes. (But then again, my house guests, if they've heard of Hollywood Regency at all, will think it is a hotel.)

I think. Maybe. Oh, I don't know. Is it too graphic? Too black? Thanks to the miracle of the Internet, I can actually see this fabric used in different rooms. (Via Turquoise Chic and Freckles Chic.)








Ah, but then there's the fact that it is $100 a yard. Oh no, crushing unrequited love again. Do I deliberately seek out fabrics that are unavailable to me? Why am I not attracted to the nice affordable fabric who bores me just a little?

No comments:

Post a Comment