Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Rock me Amedeo

Here's my most recent extremely easy art hack.

I had a traditional silver frame my mom picked up at Goodwill for $4. It originally held a mirror, which broke in transit (sorry mom). It took awhile, but I finally found the right replacement, a drawing of a female head by Amedeo Modigliani.



I printed it out to the size of my frame and - here's the hard part - taped it to a window and traced it on piece of paper.

Here it is.

I like how the spiral pattern in the frame echoes her braids. Tom thinks it's a little weird, but I love it. What more beautiful thing could you make with a piece of office paper and a pencil?

Poor Amedeo died at 35, broke and obscure while his rival Pablo Picasso went on to design greeting cards for Ikea. I have two Picasso hacks in my bedroom, also of women's heads. Out of respect, I moved the Amedeo to the kitchen.

1 comment:

  1. Uh. You're pretty awesome.
    I'm just stuck here reading through your posts and really enjoying!!
    Word Up.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete