Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Cheap stuff at Pier 1

Pier 1 is touting its cleverly named "Pier 1 Sale" with items up to 50 percent off. The last time I walked into a Pier 1, I did not find even one thing I faintly desired, which is unheard of for a home dec store. And their website is not what it used to be. (In fact, it is buggy right now with an annoying Flash intro.) If you can bushwhack your way into the home page, you'll find some nice accent tables, including this cheapie for $30. I like the criss-cross legs and the fact that it folds up. (Too bad it's not silver.)



Foo dogs for $5 a piece also caught my eye. Doesn't every bookshelf need a set of foo dogs - if for no other reason than it's fun to say 'foo dogs'? (e.g. Pity the foo dogs.)

3 comments:

  1. I stopped at Pier 1 today. Only one foo dog to be seen, and he was chipped. Not sure what I was expecting (jade?) but they looked like poorly painted terra cotta.

    The little table was OK but very bright and blingy

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha... pitty the foo dog = hilarious. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "foo" or "fu" means "Buddha" in Chinese. Large fu dog statues stood at entrances to Buddhist temples as "guardian" statues.

    ReplyDelete