Friday, September 3, 2010

Inspired in September: The colors of ripe summer fruit

























Welcome to the Inspired blog party for September.

Here is where you can share inspiring rooms, images, art or projects you've done. Just click the link below, add your blog post url and choose an image. Last month's party (our first) got nearly 2,000 views.

The party lasts all month, so feel free to add an inspiration at any time. There will be a button for it at the top left of this blog.

To start off . . . my inspiration right now is fruit. Fruit colors are great for people like me who are

1. Color allergic
2. Entering fall kicking and screaming.

I would be perfectly happy if everything in my closet and home were gray with patches of white and black. But the end of summer makes me crave some color, and I'm not ready for olive or purple, or rust, or heaven forbid, brown.

Fruit colors can be fabulous without being harsh. They pop without exploding. Think watermelon instead of orange, raspberry instead of pink, plum instead of purple, fig instead of . . . well, there is no fig color, but you get the point. All yum and all look really really good next to gray.

Images: Mine; J. Crew; Amanda Nisbet; Mine; Ann Taylor; Mine; Ann Taylor; New York Spaces; My new ikat scarf from World Market now on sale for $5; my new lace cutout thrift store shoes.

14 comments:

  1. I love this idea, now let me see what I can conjure up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muscadines! The southern special - and the color is so lovely.
    SF

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo. Love those. Great color - and taste.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore your plummy, figgy colors. What a great collection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had me at those beautiful figs! Then everything else is just so much beautiful icing/eye candy!

    I'm inspired by the whites of the small and many waves crashing to shore of late. It's been SO windy. Welcome spring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spring? You must be on the other side of the world. - Oh yes, Chile. Welcome, Heather.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you paired those! Beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely images... i want the orange/white striped rug!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The lovely fall colors are inspiring right now! But that plum color in the first two pictures is a close second!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is raining all the time in Indonesia!
    I love that ruffle tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ok, so this might be beside the point, but i WANT that orange and white striped rug. like right now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a great idea. I linked up my DIY painterly shirt. Loving the ikat fabric shots!! WOW!

    ReplyDelete