Monday, September 27, 2010

The weekend



We visited some wineries along the North Fork of Long Island Saturday. Good cheap fun. Free music at many places, lovely places to walk and sit and extraordinary people watching. Half the sippers looked like they were probably some kind of style editor at Glamour magazine (You know, that casual chicness that looks exhausting to achieve.) or maybe possibly someone famous but you can't quite place who.

Dita at Handmade Nest asked for a photo of my husband and me having fun on the beach. Here is a photo of my husband having fun. There is no photo of me because I was not having fun. Somehow in the middle of a heat wave, we managed to find the only spot in the entire state of New York that was covered in a chilly mist.

8 comments:

  1. I didn't even know Long Island had wineries! What types of wine do they produce?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes indeed, that looks fun. Odd, but fun. And I'm sorry about the chilly mist. We have that too, but we don't expect any better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love NY weather. The wine didn't help?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Averill, it seems like they had all kinds of wine. I don't know the specialty for the area but there are dozens of wineries both on the north and south fork.

    Shari, the wine definitely helped the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Virginia wineries! what a fun weekend.
    -SF

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I hope your time there has improved. I've been stuck in Western NY for the past 9 days and trust me, it's no picnic in these parts either. I've got to get my hands on a case of Fingerlakes region Riesling soon or lose the very last of my marbles.

    ReplyDelete