Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Ripe summer colors - exhibit A


Technically it's fall and summer color is out the window.

But my inspiration for the month of September was the colors of ripe summer fruit and September is not over yet. Here are a few rooms that exhibit the touch of color I was imagining.




Jules at The Diversion Project calls grey 'the launch pad' since it launches other colors so well.

I have not actually applied this colory theory to anything home decor related yet. But I did find a secondhand raspberry colored snakeskin print scarf, which I added to my grey Goodwill dress today, a bold move for me.


Are you bringing on more color this fall?

Also, if you've done a project you'd like to share or you've got some inspiring images of interiors, fashion or anything else for that matter, link up to my Inspired By blog party for September.

Images: Cabbage Rose via Little Blue Deer ; Elle Decor and Micasa via The Diversion Project; de Le Couna via Griege.

6 comments:

  1. These colors are very soothing. Love the scarf w/your skirt -so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe September is going to be over so soon. Sigh.

    That is perfect.. gray as a launching pad. So true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color on the wall in that first photo! Where did September go?
    Love your scarf too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such lovely rooms!

    i love the raspberry color! fall colors are great and all, but it is best to wear whatever colors flatter oneself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are lovely. #2 is just about perfection and I love the amethyst tones of #3, too. I'm debating how to bring more color into my space these days...

    ReplyDelete
  6. have stumbled across this just now - thanks so much for the link! and i love that scarf with the dress - perfect! julesx

    ReplyDelete