Friday, July 30, 2010

Moroccan Pouf 2.0


Jennifer Kee at The Fabled Needle tried my pouf tutorial and came up with this summery vintage rendition. (She spent a long time looking for a tutorial by searching 'Moroccan ottoman.' So for the sake of search engines everywhere, I will throw the word ottoman into this post a few times. Ottoman.)

Isn't the doily "lid" brilliant?

Elizabeth Abernathy's potato print version is here.

My ugly-party-dress-to-pouf is here.


Have a nice weekend.

Ottoman. Ottoman. Ottoman

8 comments:

  1. Ottoman, dear Bromeliad, ottoman.

    (I'm the chorus)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have more than one, are they ottomen?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The directory on my laptop says ottomans - but i like ottomen better :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I need to buy one. It is an amazing stuff to have in your living room. I want to thank you for sharing those very informative links. The sites are very useful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I finally made an ottoman out of an alphabet printed cotton shower curtain from Target. It was great fun and then I had to think of what to stuff it with. I was making it for my daughter and was at her house. She had the brilliant idea of using her exercise ball! We deflated it a bit, put it inside the pouf and stuffed around that with plastic bags! IT WORKED GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to convert my coffee table bench to an ottoman... one day!

    xo,
    cristin

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one is really cute! It's amazing how just using different fabric to make up the same pattern results in totally different looks.

    P.S. I'm still really enjoying mine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete