Friday, February 19, 2010

High/Low/Way Low/J. Lo - Task and bedside lighting


Clockwise from top: Pottery Barn Architect's Table Lamp; Target Swing-Arm Wall Lamp; JCPenney Linden Street Adjustable Bridge Wall Lamp; IKEA Barometer floor lamp; Target Electra Desk Lamp; Walmart Grandrich Clip-On Reading Lamp; Walmart Pin-Ups Spot Light; IKEA Forsa work lamp; J. Lo Hooked on You.


The thing about semi-industrial looking swing-arm or task lighting is that the really cheap stuff doesn't look much different than the expensive stuff. Take for example Target's Bella desk lamp (above) versus Walmart's Architect Lamp.




Then there's the hack potential of various cheap IKEA parts versus Pottery Barn's Bristol Accordian Sconce.

Sadly, the most perfect lamp I found was Target's Task Lamp, $20, which I monitored for weeks without buying. Now out of stock. I still mourn its loss.

6 comments:

  1. Keep watching and I bet it comes back in stock! Dare to compare!

    Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great selection and, you're right, that Target lamp was truly awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Karena, do keep watching! And you could set up an Ebay alert, too - I did that with some Pottery Barn plates I missed, and got lucky - albeit at a higher price. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful! I am a lighting nut. Thanks for putting all these up. There are some cool options.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome High/Low selection! I always do that, I look at something and contemplate it for too long, then its out!

    ReplyDelete