Friday, February 26, 2010

Words to live by


"A . . . friend told me that if you're feeling stressed, get rid of the stuff you don't need and finish the things you've started. So I finished the ice cream and vodka in the freezer and I'm feeling lots less stress."

Julia Ormond, as quoted in More magazine

In line with the above, I've decided not to keep the kitch Moroccan lanterns. It's amazing how blogging about something can crystallize your thoughts. Thank you all for your comments. Gwen, I'd send them to you in Germany but there's probably some law against international trafficking in ornate pendant lamps.

Outside it looks like someone is hurling handfuls of goosedown from heaven. If snowed in, I plan to rearrange large pieces of furniture and throw out lots of stuff.

Is it snowing where you are? Will you be doing similarly?

9 comments:

  1. Pretty pretty pic! No snow but it is freezing. Perfect for staying in and (eventually) eliminating some clutter! Marija

    ReplyDelete
  2. No snow here, unfortunately. (Austin)
    Looks like I commented on your last post too late :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand. I'm not sure how I'd justify them at Customs. "No, sir, they're lamps. Not drug paraphernalia, really. No, not jewelry, really. Wait, the tariff is *how much*?"

    I'll steal the quote, though, if I may. That's marvelous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good how it all gets clear in time! Will you have a glass of vodka yourself now that the matter is put to rest?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That quote is awesome, thanks for sharing!

    And I'm in TX, so no snow for me (though I hear Austin got snow last week!).

    ReplyDelete