Wednesday, February 24, 2010

DIY Wednesday: Spring jewelry tree


Being a small space dweller, I'm constantly looking for ways to store my treasures out in the open, disguised as decoration.

A collection of brightly jeweled earrings and pins can add some spring color by way of a plain old tree branch. It's free, it's green and it's pretty. You could paint the branch, but I like the contrast of bling to plain wood.

Earrings can be clipped on easily enough. I recommend adhesive putty to keep the pins stuck to the branch.




This simple project was inspired by the photography of James Wojcik in the February issue of More magazine. You could (in theory) even store your jewels on a cooperative house plant.



6 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! The top one is yours, yes? If so, I'd suggest you submit it to lots of blog parties as it's sure to be a big hit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A blog party? Oooo. I need to find one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. much better than having them shoved in a tin where no one can see them (like i do).

    ReplyDelete