Monday, May 4, 2009

Before and After: Plant stand to modern side table


It was finally warm enough for me to finish sanding this rusty painted plant stand I rescued from the trash about a year ago. I had been using it as a stand for our mini electric grill. But I was inspired by the Platner side table to upcycle it into a modern side table.

Design Within Reach


Sanding in an apartment is an ordeal. I took the project out on our little balcony whenever it got above freezing. A friend cut a circle of Plexiglass for me. Here's the after:


3 comments:

  1. I had just seen a knock-off of the Platner end table at Target, which I was really tempted to buy, but I love your refurbishing idea! I might have to search around for my own plant stand now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that the wood side table with metal base? I like it, too. Got a thing for wirey tables these days. And it's 1/10th the cost of the real deal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you did a great job! the industrial feel of it is really nice and i love that it's re purposed.

    ReplyDelete