Friday, May 22, 2009

On sale and cheaper than doing it yourself


This is only $15

As you all know, I'm a big follower of the do-it-yourself aesthetic and the if-you-can't-pick-it-up-free-from-the-trash-you-don't-need-it school of economics.

However, there are times when you just can't beat mass production. Marimekko pillows for $15. A big bookcase for $50. I was about to do a post on how to knock off a Platner side table with a trash can and a piece of glass, but Target's knock-off Platner is now only $30. I could pick up a branch from my backyard, mound it and call it art. Or I could spend $13 on a mango wood sculpture that would not look like I just picked it up from the back yard.

If you're not hanging out on a beach this weekend, here are a few sale items worth checking out.
Format acrylic wall hook, cb2, $8




IKEA Expedit bookshelf, $50, Memorial Day weekend and in-store only




Marimekko Joonas pillow, Crate and Barrel outlet, $19





Marimekko Tuuli pillow, Crate and Barrel outlet, $15



Target wood and metal side table, $30


Target Mango wood sculpture, 32", $12.50

2 comments:

  1. those pillows are a good deal, snatch them up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm tempted. But do I need another black and white pillow?

    ReplyDelete