Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Photo gallery and partial foyer makeover


Here is our photo gallery, finally. Making over our foyer was one of my Spring Cure goals, but it didn't entirely happen. The foyer makeover plan was:

  • Make a photo gallery
  • Improve the lighting
  • Add a soft rug
  • (Some day) have low white book shelves.

Out of four items, I only got the first one done. But it's a start. Below is the foyer before.


Here are the frames I used. I got every one of them free, and it took a couple of years to collect them. (Then they became a nuisance and I realized I was becoming one of those people who keep stacks of ugly pictures around because they always intended to do something with the frames. NO LONGER!)



Don't let anybody kid you. Hanging randomly sized frames is a huge pain and has got to be a primary reason people with bucks hire a decorator. It took me awhile to figure it out until I remembered photo essay layout from the journalism school days - big stuff in the middle, white space to the outside.



Next up: what happened to that soft welcoming rug.

4 comments:

  1. yours looks so neat and organized, mine is definitely not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks much! Maybe someday I'll finish the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ughh I have so many empty frames leaning against the wall on the floor at the moment. Your after pics are definitely motivating!

    X Cristina

    ReplyDelete