Thursday, May 24, 2012

My DIY water art


I've been wanting some underwater/sea type artwork and got inspired by this DIY from Little Pink Monster below. She cut up a poster over six frames.


Not too long ago I picked up a set of brushed metal frames from the sidewalk of Hicks Street. (also a set of nesting tables. Thank you generous Brooklyn Heights neighbors.) The pictures were originally $50 each from Bed, Bath and Beyond. I wasn't feeling the martini artwork, though.


I got a large print made of a photo we took of a swimming pool in Mauritius. I cut the print in half and had it matted and put in the free frames.

After three years my tiny bathroom now has art.


If your neighbors aren't throwing out quality home decor items, you could duplicate this artwork below with a water-themed poster and several dollar store foam core boards. Heather at Dollar Store Crafts shows you how to mount a poster for a buck.


I would totally be doing this if I had more walls.

4 comments: