Friday, November 27, 2009

Fall Cure 2009: The pantry and more ikat


I've been busy making more fake ikat storage things. For such a dumb cheap project, the boxes are working out well.

To make an ikat tray, do basically the same thing as for the boxes, except cut your box down to the height you'd like.


Wrap in your handmade ikat paper and tape it down.


The pantry only took a few hours to straighten up. For the first time ever, my sewing machine is now in reach (off to the left), along with all of the craft junk I've been accumulating lately. And the floor is blissfully bare.

I found this discarded basket, glued it, cleaned it up and filled it with more craft junk.



I've been making excuses to get things out of the pantry - offering crackers, forgetting to close the door, etc. Come on over; we'll hang out in the pantry.

8 comments:

  1. Hey that really looks great. Don't be sad about your mess, at least its just a mess, as opposed to a dirty mess (stains,drips, marks and unspeakables). I haven't seen that Ikat paper here (sigh).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't feel so bad! We all have 'sutff' and it has to live somewhere. Yours looks great in it new boxes now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the result and I especially love that you call the project 'dumb and cheap'. My favorite kind of endeavor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks great! But which one is the hose in?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jane, I actually made the ikat paper. The project is here:

    http://bromeliadliving.blogspot.com/2009/10/diy-wednesday-ikat-inspired-storage.html

    The hose got wound up nice and neat and placed inside the bucket.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this. It never occurred to me to make homemade IKAT, or use it organize the pantry if it did. Looks absolutely fantastic. Only problem is I'd spend all my time in the pantry munching cookies and admiring my handywork.
    Adding you to my blogroll!

    ReplyDelete