Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Blog awards



I've received two blog awards recently - the One Lovely Blog Award from Cristin at Simplified Bee and the Honest Scrap award from Lucy at Four Walls and a Roof. I'm flattered to be so awarded since both are real live interior designers and classy ladies to boot.
Passing one or both along to the following:
Elizabeth at Absinthe and Orange - For fearless, honest DIY projects and for sucking me into the whole refashioning old clothes thing.
Alexis at One Grand Home - Great decorating deals, including 100 DIY headboard ideas.
Struggling to be Stylish - For being down to earth, funny and practical.
Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog - Best explanation of what to buy or not buy at a dollar store that I've read.
Jill at The Good Life for Less - For cute cheap outfits.
If the Lampshade Fits - Gotta love any blog with a category called Eat the Rich.
For the Honest Scrap award, I'm supposed to post 10 honest things about myself.
  1. Blog awards make me nervous.
  2. I have a hard time thinking of 10 honest things.
  3. Aye yi yi
  4. Oh, here's something. I have a theory that people are alloted a certain number of words a day. Some people are given millions, so they start early in the morning and talk as much as possible to run through their share. Others, like me, get only a few thousand. So that's why by about 4 p.m., I've run out of words and I'm starting to blather.
  5. Sometimes this occurs way before 4 p.m.
  6. I pretend to be allergic to animals when really I just think they are gross.
  7. I write reminders on my hand.
  8. I watch with lurid interest programs like I Didn't Know I was Pregnant and Monsters Inside Me.
  9. I once had a dog named Puppy.
  10. I can put my foot behind my neck.

7 comments:

  1. Thank you! That's very nice of you.
    I can relate to your #4/5. I think the idea that all woman like to talk as much as possible is just a big myth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, that's really kind!
    Anyone who can put their foot behind their head has my immediate and sincere respect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the shout-out! Since I know that you've probably read hundreds of dollar store posts, I'm taking this a a major compliment ;).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I laughed out loud when I read that you pretend to be allergic to animals... I do that too! Although I do like dogs and cats - just from a distance. Hilarious post all round.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the awards! You are too sweet to add a link to SYL! Just returned the favor!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Re: 10. It's true; I was always jealous 'cause I couldn't do it even when I was 4...and you wonder why Mr. Bromeliad has stuck around all these years....

    ReplyDelete