Friday, November 30, 2012

Inspired by sequins


As the days get shorter and darker, do you find yourself seeking anything that reflects a little light?

Sequins aren't just for beauty queens and princesses anymore. You can wear them with a t-shirt or sleep under them on a blanket.
 





Here's some affordable sequin goodness for your closet or home. Some DIYs are on their way.


  • Reversible sequin pillow $24.99 at Tuesday Morning. (Turn it upside down and it flips to silver.)
  • Striped sequin tank $9.99 at Charlotte Russe. (Solid sequin tanks in many colors also available for $11.99 at Sears.)
  • Sequin collar blouse $11.25 at Wet Seal.
  • Gold sequin skirt $25 at JCP.

 

5 comments:

  1. I thought it was a hold over from my long ago childhood princess phase that made me still love sequins but I can now feel better (more age appropriate) about my love for sparkle when I think about it as a way to capture light - thanks for that! Love that sequin skirt ... too late to get it for tonights event ... not too late to check it out as possible pillow making fabric ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could even make a pillow from a sequin skirt. :-P

      Delete
  2. I love it on those two blankets in the bedroom picture! Stared at it forever trying to think of an easy-ish way to diy one like them. It's probably beyond my diying capabilities (or probably just my patience!) but I'm going to hang on to the idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's DIYable. I'll be posting some ideas on that very subject (Moroccan blankets) this week.

      Delete
  3. I really love the pillow with the giant sequins. And yes, I would totally wear the JCP skirt. What a great price!

    ReplyDelete