Monday, March 19, 2012

My DIY not really alpaca azure throw


This weekend I "made" a throw inspired by Crate and Barrel's Lima Alpaca Azure Throw. The real deal is $169 and I'm sure it's fabulous. See it below.


Mine is a couple of yards of some sort of jersey knit a friend gave me. I folded it in half, sewed up the sides, turned it right side out and sewed the opening closed.


I also tried out some other fabric I picked up as a room divider curtain. The combo of a sort of flame stitch with a sort of stripe in blue and turquoise has this awesome surfer vibe. However, Mr. Bromeliad found it traumatizing. The nesting tables are a recent street find.


Have you changed anything up for spring yet?

4 comments:

  1. The throw looks good, and the tables have beautifully elegant legs. But I am with Mr Bromeliad on the curtain. He is clearly a fellow of refined taste and probably drinks gin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mise, you made Mr. Bromeliad's week. And he is indeed a gin man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is amazing! I'm always hesitate to buy throws as we have a dog and he loves to snuggle on them when we're at work, but i will def be trying this!

    Thanks!

    door251.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think blue was a perfect choice for your room. Very calm relaxing look.
    xx
    maya

    ReplyDelete