Wednesday, January 27, 2010

DIY Wednesday: Easy spring jeweled t shirt


Is anybody besides me ready for spring?

Here's an easy way to embellish a plain white tee. You will need:
I picked out the pins that made me think 'spring' - such as flowers, bees and butterflies - and pinned them along the neckline.


That's it. Done.


The colors remind me a little of Anthropologie's new Innumerable Necklace ($50) below.



To make a jeweled/sequined tee like j. crew's below, see this tutorial by Ann at Still Dottie.


5 comments:

  1. Yep, definitely ready for spring - your pins look wonderful like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your grandmother definitely had quite the collection. the brooches are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could also get some inexpensive (maybe $4) chain from a craft store (of re-purpose an old one of your own) and use pliers and jump rings to make a necklace pretty similar to the one you have pictured. That's a way to use them with a shirt you aren't willing to puncture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! A necklace would be better though - since I have to remove all the pins anytime I want to wash the shirt.

    ReplyDelete