Monday, June 29, 2009

Starbuck's lattice ceiling inspiration


I stopped into the Sunnyside, Queens Starbucks Sunday and while gazing off into the ether waiting for my Mocha, I noticed this lattice ceiling. After I drank the Mocha, it occurred to me that this presents a great way to hide an ugly tile ceiling and/or industrial lighting and create some patterned light.



It also could be a worthwhile reuse of an unwanted room divider, headboard or cabinet door. Or you could buy a new carved wood panel like this one from Pier 1, which is on sale for $130 or the next one, which is on sale for $50 (half price!)





4 comments:

  1. Starbuck's? It's true that you really can find inspiration everywhere, isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea! I think I'm totally going to steal it to hide the hideous fluorescent light in my kitchen...

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom made me a lattice headboard when I was 7. She spray painted it light pink and put glitter on it, wove white, mini Christmas lights and greenery with pink bougainvillaea flowers through it. It went all the way to to my ceiling where she draped sheer fabric (like a window scarf, where it hangs down each side) - I felt like a princess.

    ReplyDelete