Friday, June 3, 2011

What inspired in May (and April)


Here are a few things you've been up to or been sharing that inspired in May or possibly April. First up is the Moroccan-esque Hotel Areias do Seixo, Portugal at From the Right Bank.

Here are a few more inspiring homes, the first from Full House and the second from The Diversion Project.



In the spirit of DIY global flair, Danika at Gorgeous Shiny Things had a great roundup of do-it-yourself ikat projects, including this one from The Mustard Ceiling.


Cristin at Simplified Bee introduced me to the Jonathan Adler console. I would like Mr. Bromeliad to build a version of this as a dining room table.


On the fashion side, you know how I love a good macrame project. And I really loved Donatella's colorful bracelets at Inspiration & Realization.


She also made this amazing tube and bead necklace featuring my other favorite medium - hardware.


Smart n Stazzy made a yellow trim straw tote inspired by Kate Spade while I Still Love You shows you how to make a no-sew clutch.


For a complete list, check out the April/May Inspired blog party.

Thanks to Copy Cat Crafts, Craft Gossip, All Free Sewing and Refashion Co-op all for featuring my No Sew Ruffled Top make from, no joke, safety pins and a shirt sleeve.

4 comments:

  1. <3 !!! thank you!!! i was reading your post and stumbled upon my features !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for featuring my ikat fabric! So happy I found your blog, it's fabulous. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks heaps for the shout out, that's v.cool x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That white console is definitely DIY material. With the right tools yall could pull it off. Do it!!

    ReplyDelete