Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Better Homes and Gardens does the pouf


The July issue of Better Homes and Gardens features this pouf, and BHG.com includes a step-by-step tutorial on how to make your own for less than $50.


The BHG pouf looks very similar to my own Moroccan ottoman project from '09 - the difference being that my pouf was made from an old party dress and cost no where near $50. It cost $0.


That being said, BHG did offer some good tips I didn't think of. One, after stuffing your pouf with towels, fabric scraps, blankets and so forth (which I did), top it off with fiberfill to give it a nice puffed shape, thus avoiding pouf cellulite.


The other was a how-to for adding decorative stitching along the seams of the pouf.

10 comments:

  1. BHG should hire you! That said, I like the decorative stitching - that's a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool, and great reuse of a party dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That woman doing the BHG one looks very stern - you looked happier than that, I bet, as you worked on your silver creation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. pouf cellulite? that's hilarious and i agree with elisa. bhg should totally hire you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually put the dress on for a bit and pretended to be a villaness from the Chronicles of Narnia. For that moment, I was stern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since when did BH&G get so...dare I say it...with it? I'm kinda tempted to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so impressed! I have a few heinous bridesmaids gown that could use the pouf treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember your tutorial on making this and it's been in my catalog of things to do for a while. loving the linen they used and the decorate stitching - pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The decorative stitching is a great detail. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW...I just don't know that I have the patience to make one. But I want one so badly....

    (oh, and I am having a linky party where you reveal the inside of your fridge...scary I know. Haha. I would love for you to join! = )

    ReplyDelete