Thursday, November 4, 2010

Inspired in November: Knots


Knots, ropes, braids, crochet, macrame, hey . . . this is a trend with materials I can handle.

We all like knocking off Anthropologie. But who does Anthro knock off? Orly Genger, the artist who first made necklaces from climbing ropes. And she knocked off the 1970s, as does Chris Benz. Love his macrame planter turned into a pendant necklace in his Resort 2011 collection.

This month I hope to tie one on - either a necklace or a basket out of crazy materials.

What's inspiring you in November? Link up below.







Images: Anthropologie's Sit-A-Spell necklace on sale for $79 from $178; Neo via Gretel Home; Chris Benz Resort 2011; Orly Genger; Tanya Aguiniga unraveled cotton rope necklace $125

15 comments:

  1. Did you see the rope mirrors that Nate showed on his show this week? I can totally see that as a Bromeliad DIY project. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah macrame. I can ALMOST remember it first time around. I am a bit Shocked at your suggestion that Anthro might knock anyone off. Perish the thought.

    Ps fig tree has no fruit (I HOPE) I think it is ornamental. And it's still alive, 10 days later!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dig this trend, as the young folks say. The fisherman look, with that 'just in from the lobster pots' insouciance. We're all wild and free at heart as we sit on our knotted rope ottomans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bracelet and the necklace with the neon yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love those last necklaces, so simple and so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. these a great! hey, whats your email address? I cant find it on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm off to my local hardware to investigate! thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i always have fabric/rope necklaces stick to my top, or they aren't heavy enough to drape well. they look nice, until I put them on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good point. They need some weight to them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm really liking this trend too. it's kind of nautical kind of bohemian. a nice blend for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post. Love the chunky knit bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing my link, lady :) I love knots too! Have u heard of gadabout stationary? Her knot design with personal monogram is my fave!

    ReplyDelete