Friday, November 26, 2010

One view of Rue


The second issue of Rue is out, and while the rest of America is shaking off their tryptophan haze or cage fighting with other shoppers at Walmart, let me be the first to weigh in on it.

I could simply share my favorite rooms, like the one above followed closely by the one below, which is a close tie with the third one.



But what really caught my eye where the eyes, specifically four eyes.

What is with all the cute bright young women wearing these awful glasses?



I am aware that nerd glasses are in right now. But, you're young. You can see pretty well. If not, you have Bausch and Lomb.


Times are better now then when I was your age. I was born into a severely myopic family (and I don't mean metaphorically.) The only glasses were ugly ones. I can tell you that girls who wear glasses seldom catch passes. They also run into door frames and tumble down hills.

This is me in the sixth grade.


I plead with you ladies of Rue. Lose the ugly specs. While you still can.


11 comments:

  1. LOL! I think sometimes different venues try too hard to be vintage or what they think is in now. Your post cracks me up because I agree.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful woman and interior designs too

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really wish those glasses wouldn't come back....

    ReplyDelete
  4. After seeing your 6th grade picture, I love you even more

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA! I don't care for them either, but I guess its just another way to express oneself. I'm an eyes person, so I prefer no glasses at all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a pair of those (circa 1983)...not pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did yours have your initials in gold stick on letters in the lower corner? Mine did. That's how big they were. There was room for a monogram.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read this in google reader and meant to comment earlier but I love that you said this out loud..seriously this post made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This made me laugh. I've been thinking the same thing....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I disagree that women who wear glasses dont catch glances! I have to wear them due to dry eyes and that was quite a rude comment

    ReplyDelete