Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My DIY: Make a dahlia brooch


My August inspiration was lush florals, and finally one of my inspirations has come to fruition in an actual wearable product. (Don't forget to add your inspirations, projects and pretty rooms to Inspired in August.)

Easy no-sew dahlia pin. Cut a strip (or strips) totaling 24 inches long and about two inches wide. Fold in half. Cut skinny V shapes. Roll the strips, gluing as you go. Add a pin to the back.

Or, if you can't be bothered, buy a huge one from EmersonMade for $68.




8 comments:

  1. Adorable and I love the bumblebee as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely gonna try this and link you up!
    Lovely. No no i want to be bothered don't worry. Your creation's really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It came out beautifully! I love this, looks a bit easier than the Colette bed! Love your gorgeous little world, happy to be your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to put your last photo on my post but i couldn't find any email address to contact so i just give a link back here on my post:
    http://handmadenest.blogspot.com/2010/08/diy-no-sew-felt-brooch.html

    Thank you very much for the inspiration!

    Dita
    dita.maulani[at!]gmail.com

    ReplyDelete