Friday, April 16, 2010

A room like one's own


Usually designer homes exist off in some other world from mine. But the latest issue of Lonny has not one but two places that remind me of . . . well . . . me.



I want to hug this lady. Editor and fashion designer Laurann Claridge has a squishy white sofa. So do I!


She has as see-through coffee table. Me, too! She has an antique zebra skin rug. I have . . . I have a vinyl DIY zebra rug that's gotten patchy, too!


Then there's Ashley Wick's apartment. See-through table and squishy sofa again. I also have coral and baskets. And I have that exact tripod lamp. (Mine was $50 at Wal-Mart.) And I have books.


If Lonny ever features a place with a lava lamp, two dining chairs but no table, and a collection of dead tree limbs, then I will know I am a true style leader.

6 comments:

  1. Ooh, and I have that zigzag West Elm rug!

    I love these rooms actually - especially the squishy white sofas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool! I'd be chuffed to bits to see things I had chosen in a magazine. Not likely to happen, alas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love relate-ability.

    Also, where did you find your coral? I'm doing a coral themed party for my son's summer birthday this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chuffed to bits . .. Is that good?

    The coral comes from Z Gallerie.

    ReplyDelete