Wednesday, April 7, 2010

DIY Wednesday: IKEA Lack to Parsons cube



Today's DIY comes to us by way of the blog 2nd Floor Living via Casa Sugar. (I love any blog with the subtitle Home Decorating for the Broke and Renting Masses.)

2nd Floor Living took two IKEA Lack tables and created a West Elm style Parsons cube side table using only liquid nails. For less than $20, she knocked off a $150 table.

I think you could use the same technique to create a chunky version of Crate and Barrel's new stackable Mimic Cubes.





For more Lack hacks, see this post. As long as you're here, don't forget to enter my vintage flower frog giveaway.

9 comments:

  1. liquid nails? wow, i didn't realize that existed. where have i been?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just eyeing these cubes last weekend! Cant wait to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both excellent ideas and I really think I will use both ideas in my house! The table idea FOR SURE. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha - these are awesome! I love the lack line - it is so clean and chic all on it's own, and infinitely adaptable. I have to try some of these ideas out. And if it goes wrong, who cares! Not much $$ wasted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post, and the "Lack hack" link you gave! I have three Lack tables in our living room and I've started to get tired of them. This post helped me to see that they can be design-worthy and beautiful! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, you've really got me thinking about possible uses for Lack. I used to buy tonnes of stuff from Ikea, but somehow recently I've been telling myself I should be investing in more grown-up pieces instead. Time for a fresh look, methinks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you are going to IKEA to pick up the tables, check out the as-is section and you may get lucky and not have to buy a second full table (but since it's so cheap, it's not a huge loss! You'll figure out something great to use those legs for.)

    ReplyDelete