Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My DIY neon lace clutch


Do you do things like this? Go to Goodwill, wander over to the shambles that is the Home department, idly finger some atrocious plastic placemats and think, "These are so Christopher Kane Spring 2011."

Regardless, you will like these neon lace clutches you can make from placemats, some vinyl and a zipper for an easy spring or summer accessory.

These cost me a dollar a piece to make (compared to $530 for the real ones from Christopher Kane.) Plus, you can drop these in the pool with no lasting harm.

My tutorial is featured over at examiner.com and includes a step-by-step slideshow.




19 comments:

  1. I am super impressed girl!! Love your DIYs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A big WOW to these! I love their simplicity of design and they are ever so chic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these!! Turned out perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I never would've thought this would work so well. These look super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you have an eye for this! So excited to meet another Sam, too! ;) Loving this clutch. I think yours turned out much better than mine would have! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. absolutely fabulous and yes, I would do the same at Goodwill. I am so glad to know that I not crazy and that actually other normal people do similar things, lol
    xx
    maya

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you taking orders? Because, if so, I'll take one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an awesome diy! It'd look great in neon yellow ;)

    p.s. how do I turn off word verification?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this is your most brilliant DIY yet! You need to sell these.

    ReplyDelete
  10. GREAT find in terms of the placemats and AMAZING eye for seeing their potential.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliance. Sheer. Brilliance. Please oh please keep us posted on your Goodwill magic! I am most definitely an idle Goodwill item fondler.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I remember when those clutch bags came out and I thought about doing them. Plastic cut out dinner mats - wish I'd thought of that approach! Love it!

    ReplyDelete