Thursday, February 2, 2012

DIY birds and butterflies wallpaper, paper chandelier, magazine stool and tufted headboard


Shannon Berry made this insane "wallpaper" inspired by Schumacher's Birds and Butterflies using a Sharpie and craft paint.

 
Make a paper chandelier inspired by this one from Trisha Dean Events found via Examiner.com. This is a papel picado banner turned into a chandelier. You can DIY or buy papel picado. Photo by Mary McHenry.


Put those back issues of Elle Decor to work and make a stool with two belts. Here's one you can buy for $185 or make your own with instructions via Decor Hacks.


Tuft a headboard the smart way using peg board with Jenny at Little Green Notebook.

See DIY Decor for more ideas. 

9 comments:

  1. I keep seeing that headboard! Makes me want to make one, but I know that I'm not :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Note to self: do something, anything, crafty and ingenious enough to have it featured here. I will buy some glue this afternoon to get the creativity flowing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The magazine idea is so cute!! I literally just threw away about 50 magazines 2 weeks ago. *sigh* =/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who knew you can use belts to organize magazines. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it all but that wallpaper blows my mind! Incredible! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. All so clever. And that wallpaper is incredibly beautiful (and I cannot imagine how painstaking to achieve!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. All such great ideas—I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete