Monday, October 17, 2011

DIY rope bracelets


All of the rope bracelets pictured here from Miansai and Roarke (and appearing in the latest issue of Elle) will run you $55 to $100 a piece.

You can so totally do these.

The one above is a square knot. Get a tutorial from Elizabeth Abernathy. (She was way in front of this trend.)

The next two are braids. I know you've got this covered already.


If you like, though, you can get a similar look by handweaving strips of jersey (you can cut up a t-shirt) with a tutorial by Vanessa Christenson.


And for this last one, don't even go out and buy the latches. You can get them off thrift store purses.


Which one would you make? Have you seen some you like even better?

3 comments:

  1. 55 to 100 dollars! I must up my crafting credentials. I like that square knot one a lot; it has substance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great. I love the latches on the bottom bracelets.

    Xo

    ReplyDelete