Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Guest posting at Design Blooms


I'm guest posting about - what do you know - guests at Design Blooms today to celebrate Nicole's one year blog anniversary. Check out Nicole's interior design blog and get a few tips on hosting overnight guests in small spaces during the big winter travel season.

The above is one of John Robshaw's guest rooms, reflecting a number of things you might not get at my place, which includes but is not limited to:
  • fresh posies

  • authentic textiles

  • a bedside stand

  • a bed

  • a room.

5 comments:

  1. Ha ha I am in the same boat as you. I would actually love to have a guest room. But as people remind me if you have one then people (including relatives) actually come and stay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read your guest post over @ Design Blooms and could not stop laughing! You're hilarious! I told Ms.Blooms that one day I have a feeling we will be The Decorati, but for this 20-something it's air mattresses and night lights for now! hahah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, no guest room at my house either. You will have the poshest of air mattresses, however. *Surfing on over*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm lucky, I have a guest room, and the trap I fall into is that I do all the little Martha things (or at least, my lame versions of that) before guests arrive, and they all get the idea they've wandered into a luxury B&B.
    Once they've been with us 10 days and are still treating the place like a B&B with dinners on top, I get a little resentful. Something tells me an air mattress might suit me better :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooo. 10 days. That's a lot. I would pay rent if I were staying that long.

    ReplyDelete