Wednesday, May 26, 2010

DIY Wednesday: Make a floral choker necklace




It's a choker or a bib, depending on how you wear it.

You'll need some felt, ribbon, a little piece of plastic from some product packaging (I used the lid of a strawberry container), glue gun and about 13 flowers from last week.

A template for the felt and plastic pieces is here.

The plastic adds a little flexible stiffness. Glue it between two layers of felt. Glue the ribbon on at an angle you like. (Hint: I ended up cutting my ribbons off and doing them again at a sharper angle. So you may want to pin the ribbon and try the necklace on before you glue.)

Starting with three flowers in the middle, mush the flowers close together and glue with a glue gun.

Total cost: Less than $1.







7 comments:

  1. Purty necklace! And sorry, I didn't see your comment on my blog until just today (I need to pay more attention! I have 3 blogs now, though I am not terribly diligent about keeping them current:

    ArtifactsEtCetera (the one you commented on) is for my etsy shop by the same name, where I sell jewelry and scarves that I make.

    Art of The Twisted Tree is for my etsy shop, The Twisted Tree, where I sell my oddball paintings.

    Feeding Felines is a sadly neglected blog where I was dumping all of my feline nutrition knowledge.

    Thanks for stopping by! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely. I like it especially loose around the collar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this nice tutorial regarding this necklace! I would love to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're going to be putting a lot of people out of business giving away all the trade secrets :) i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my I adore this and my favorite color as well! You are very creative

    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ps, let me know if you would like to do this as a giveaway on my site. Surprise is up now!

    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for this tutorial--will be making one for my sister's birthday!

    ReplyDelete