Friday, July 3, 2009

Trash picking rule #7 - Objects on street appear smaller than they really are


A banner week for trash picking - the makings of an ottoman, a huge plant pot and . . . sticks. I hauled these birch poles from Middagh to Orange Street today. They were part of a window display for a pet store that closed. Once I got them in the room, I realized they were enormous, as tall as, well, as tall as trees. Tom offered to saw them down a few feet for me, and, to his credit, made no comment about their arrival. Love my lumberjack.

4 comments:

  1. Hooray!! You got your trees! Very nice ones too. Well done, Bromeliad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it crazy? I knew you'd appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are pretty great. I love that you go "trash picking". As they say, one man's trash is another persons giant sticks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my God, I've seen the most incredible uses for these! When you trim these down, could you send the remnants my way? :)

    ReplyDelete