Friday, March 27, 2009

Decorating with shoes


What to do with all those cute spring shoes that don't fit in the closet? How about displaying them? These are mounted on a fabric-covered wall with push pins and rubber bands.

Is this Yay! or meh?

I'm not sure myself. I should add these are hanging on my cube wall at the office. And I do not work in the fashion industry. (Although hanging a bunch of hard drives on the wall would just be ugly.)

Some more shoe decorating ideas at HGTV.com. (They all look a little odd to me.)

7 comments:

  1. Hmm... if I saw that in a house it would be weird... but in an office, it's kind of amusing. I would like to see something fun like that in an otherwise boring workspace! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea, but the execution just isn't there for me. Maybe if there was a thin ledge on the wall and they walked around the room? That would be cute in a dressing room/bedroom, I think. Anything with cute shoes gets my attention. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i thought my mother was the only one to use shoes as decor, she had some on the wall, now has one on a tile on the floor in her living room

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mom must be totally cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think. Anything with cute shoes gets my attention thanks for sharing this all images.logo design _ _ company logo design

    ReplyDelete