Tuesday, April 10, 2012

DIY scribble upholstery and lots of lighting


InStyle magazine, that icon of not-so-thrifty shopping, featured this scribble sofa in its April issue.

Intrigued, I found out via Scraphacker that it belongs to Pamela Bell, a Kate Spade exec, and was featured some time ago in The New York Times and that she also DIY'd the chandelier.


I recommend this only for funky old sofas and people with arty kids.


Meg Allan Cole at Craft shows you how to make a DIY Tord Boontje papercut lamp.


Design Sponge gives a useful DIY for covering bare light cords using rope.


Jessamie at Bird and Branch shows you how to cover an old lampshade with fabric, not a new idea. But she has good photos, honest instructions and a lot of ikat.

12 comments:

  1. How perfect that would be for a bloggers' meet - everyone would sign the sofa and draw a little image of a cute bunny rabbit holding a rose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My rabbit would have fangs or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that sofa! Such an awesome idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that sofa is amazing! i can hear my fabric stain sharpies getting excited!!! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking to that lampshade tutorial - love honest tutorials. Will follow that one when I do the project, prolly in 321 years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for featuring my lampshade! I just found this post. I'm glad you liked the honest tutorial, it's the only way to role, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Design Sponge link isn't working.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect sofa if you have kids.
    xx
    maya

    ReplyDelete