Friday, September 23, 2011

On to lighting


Back to the sofa again. Since we saved all those pennies not buying a new one, I think it's time to blow it on new lighting instead.

I'm thinking a pair of floor lamps or sconces since side tables are kind of useless with those big sofa arms. And something modern to counteract the trad-iness of the sofa. Above are a few options in the $20 to $150 range.

Here's where they need to go, the sofa rasa, the blank slate, with present lighting removed.


I give this slick and shiny one from Cal Lighting ($124) the highest marks for aesthetics.


And this IKEA Alang lamp ($40) I voted most budget friendly and therefore most likely to succeed.


Here's predicting it will take months to decide.

Walmart Aged Brass lamp, $52; Wayfair Kenroy Keystone floor lamp in chrome, $130; Crate and Barrel Metro swing arm sconce, $100; IKEA Alang floor lamp, $40; IKEA Alang wall lamp, $20; Crate and Barrel Metro swing arm floor lamp, $150; Wayfair Cal Lighting Malibu floor lamp in brushed steel, $124; IKEA Kulla lamp, $90; Wayfair Kenroy Hydra lamp, $122

1 comment:

  1. I actually think I love the IKEA one the best. I also love the wall lamp one.

    ReplyDelete