Thursday, September 15, 2011

My own personal Missoni


I picked up this knit top in my favorite thrifting spot last week and wore it yesterday.

Several people said, "Hey that looks like the new Target stuff (e.g. Missoni.)"

I was surprised my non-fashionista friends were so up on designer Target lines (and besides I considered the pattern to be more Jonathan Adler than Missoni) until I found out that people in the city were killing each other to be first to grab Missoni at Target prices.


I wore my version with a thrifted orange scarf, thrifted teal shoes I found in my drawer at work, my DIY bangles and a white Talbot's skirt (to give the eye a break, natch.) Total cost: $27.

I don't think there is a color that does not go with this little top.

For those of you who did not make it to Target and aren't finding fabulous second-hand knit tops, there's a free tutorial for making your own Missoni-inspired throw.


Yet another reason to learn how to crochet.

3 comments:

  1. That's such a beautiful print! Prettier than Missoni. I also have a thrifted Missoni-like piece: it's a maxi skirt. Had not shown it yet on my blog.

    I am trying to stay clear away from Target, so I won't buy anything. Missoni for Target sounds really tempting, but I really don't need another piece of clothing or another shoe. LOL
    xx
    maya

    ReplyDelete
  2. truly beautiful. all these colors go together so well.
    ...and your secret thrift store is... name and address, please?? xox, d.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally did my Missoni-like post.
    Plz, check it out: http://byebyesoccermom.blogspot.com/2011/09/whats-in-zig-zag.html
    xx
    maya

    ReplyDelete