Thursday, February 17, 2011

Fashion Week - Outfit to room


You're only getting one outfit and one room here. So don't get too excited.

Outfit: Oscar de la Renta. Would love to have this in a blanket (the coat) and a throw pillow or two (scarf and hat). I believe there is a lesson here in mixing neutral patterns with a tiny bit of colorful pattern, appealing to someone as beige and tenative as me. It doesn't seem like it should work but it does.


See the same mix in Ellen Pompeo's home. (I've been studying the throw pillows closely.)

In other news - for you DIY fashionistas, check out my roundup of DIY fashion ideas from the first half of Mercedes Benz Fashion Week here.

For everybody, link up your DIYs and inspirations at the February blog party, if you so wish.

13 comments:

  1. That coat is a thing of great beauty, and the room is an excellent match. I could live in a white space with sofas upholstered in The Coat and be very, very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spot on! Why is it whenever I try this look with pillows I drive myself crazy? I need someone else to come in and haphazardly mix and match them for me.
    By he way, I owe you a long overdue thank you for posting me the other day. You are the best!
    Love,
    Danika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how there are so many different patterned and coloured pillows and still they all work so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. only one but its pretty perfect. Loving those wood beams, screen and pillow mix. It manages to be eclectic and colorful without being overwhelming. Saving this one for the files.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darn it, I was getting really excited.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that room! I can't seem to make poufs and pillows work in my floor plan though... they always look a little random and end up being dog beds.

    Haley @ Cardigan Junkie
    www.cardiganjunkie.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea to relate fashion to decor! That's just amazing, I'm in love!
    xoxo
    Carly
    www.chic-steals.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the room a whole lot more than the outfit... maybe because of the quantities of each element used?

    ReplyDelete
  9. ohh I'd love that hat as a throw cushion :) BTY my mum grows a whole garden of broms - she would love your tag line :) le xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. The room is really beautiful! I really like the beams. You blog is always so much fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  11. that hat reminds me of my Russian teacher's hat from childhood. looks so chic now.
    xx
    maya

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have so much trouble finding good matches for these types of features on my own blog, but you just nailed it - love!!!

    - Lindsay

    ReplyDelete