Wednesday, August 19, 2009

DIY Wednesday: Suzani pillow from napkins




This week's post is an example of what bloggers call link love and regular people call stealing.


Betsy over at The Estate of Things took Suzani-motif napkins from World Market and stitched them together into these awesome throw pillows. Personally, I am having a Uzbeki-Moroccan moment and could use some affordable spangles and swirls in my life.


I wanted to turn this post into value-added thievery by finding other cool napkins from other stores that could be used for a similar project, but World Market has the best napkins, at least as far as an online selection goes. You could go with the Amber Suzani colors. Or take the Far Eastern route with the Tree of Life pattern.





Or you could just buy a pillow. The linen one below is $24.99 and the last one is only $14.99. At that price you could cut them up and make them into napkins.


6 comments:

  1. What a great idea - even if it wasn't yours :-)

    xo,
    cristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Can't wait to find some cool napkins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha. Just saw this....
    Thanks for the link love Bromeliad.

    Love the other napkins and pillow ideas that you found.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A. I love napkins
    B. I love pillows
    If A and B then I love this post.
    Also, I love your blog. It makes me want to move back to Brooklyn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I may try this, I just bought some gorgeous napkins from World Market too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need more of the yellow world market Suzani napkins. Anyone willing to sell??? (with the purple/orange wheel.)

    ReplyDelete