Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A note on Starbucks quotes

The other day my co-worker Zack left a cup of Starbucks at my desk "for your blog."



I was delighted. A happy reader rewarding Bromeliad with a cup of Starbucks. Except the cup was empty.

It seems Zack generously saved me the sodden remains of his caffeinated treat for the quote on the cup. (There is a recession going on after all.) Which means there is widespread misunderstanding that the Starbucks quotes on Bromeliad Living actually come from Starbucks. Even the one from my uncle.

So, to set the record straight, the Starbucks series "The Way I See It" is an invention of the Starbucks Corporation, who disclaim any agreement with the authors quoted.

The Starbucks quotes on my blog are selected by me because I'm now too cheap to buy Starbucks anymore, and I don't really get the Starbucks real quotes most of the time. So, I disclaim any agreement with Starbucks' choice of quotes. Like the specimen Zack provided:


The Way I see It #26 - Failure's hard, but success is far more dangerous. If you're successful at the wrong thing, the mix of praise and money and opportunity can lock you in forever. - Po Bronson, Author of stories, screenplays and nonfiction, including What Should I Do with My Life?

I don't know what to make of that, Po. Between your viewpoint and the fact that the cup is empty, I feel like gnawing off my own wrists.

No comments:

Post a Comment