Tuesday, December 31, 2013

My DIY Dannijo-inspired earrings



Let's kick off a new year with some glammy whammy DIY earrings inspired by Dannijo.

As readers of this blog know, I'm besotted with Dannijo's rainbow of rhinestone necklaces,which are hand-made in New York City. I also love the way they and designer Lauren Hope combine mottled stone or glass with shiny rhinestone.

Below are two inspiring sets of earrings by Dannijo. They run $350 to $400. They are so fabulous and pretty I just want to eat them.



Hurry up and make your own before this trend gets knocked off by J. Crew.


Above and below are my DIY earrings, slightly less crazy versions of the real thing.  The great thing about this DIY is you can make your earrings any shape, size or color, and you can do it for less than $10.

Get the full tutorial at Examiner.



4 comments:

  1. Beautiful piece. Nice inspiration, I want to get to crafting more soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's definitely hard to find the time. But dark cold winter days are an incentive to stay inside and do something.

      Delete
  2. So gorgeous! I love the center cabochons you used too! Does the glue hold the rhinestones together well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, it does. You can twist and bend the earring (within reason) and the stones don't budge. I was impressed with the glue. It did better than I expected.

      Delete