Friday, March 1, 2013

DIY Fashion Month inspiration

 
New York, London, Milan and Paris have all had fashion weeks through February, which means lots of aspirational trolling through the catwalks and streets from the comfort of my sofa.

Here's a few ideas to send you digging through your craft stash.

Add pom poms to your shoes.


Incorporate a granny afgan and needlepoint and somehow still look hip.


Add furry tails to your scarf.


Add a tail of fake dyed hair.


Puffy letters for your hat or bag.


Add nubby things and a single cord to your purse.


Add just about anything to the bottom of your shoes.


Dolce & Gabbana added an entire bird cage.


Shred your ski mask.


Make a doggie bag worth taking home.


Add a faux fur muff on a chain.


I don't know what D &G put on this purse, but I want it.


Add pins to your whole dress.


Make a fringe leather peplum.


Make a "cool" necklace like Lanvin. Or add some enormous insects to your top.


Add anything you could hang on a rearview mirror to your hat.


Did you see anything that inspired you during Fashion Month?

All photos unless otherwise indicated are via Style.com.

4 comments:

  1. The dog bag is so cool!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the surrealist sleeve sweaters at Celine and would love to try a similar one. I also love the idea of a pouch with my fav little pets on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo, I should have waited for Celine. I may need to do a follow-up post.

      Delete
  3. I love it when you round up fashion inspiration! Those pompom shoes are calling my name ... but I love that dress with the pins too. But most of it is just too crazy for me :)

    ReplyDelete