Friday, November 4, 2011

Closet of dreams and IKEA hacks


So many projects and things I wanted to post about and so little time.

In the meantime here's a little inspiration if you're cleaning closets this weekend. Interior designer Saudah Saleem turned one whole room of her brownstone into a closet. (Although really it's a home office and sitting room accented with shoes.) She used IKEA's Pax and Billy storage. From House of Fifty.




Speaking of IKEA, two Lack side table hacks, one from Little Green Notebook, the other from Clementine and Olive.



And Jackie at Teal and Lime pulled off an IKEA hack of that Design Within Reach chandelier I walk by once a week and always think I'll try to do some day.


And totally unrelated, but this made my day. Watch it to the end and learn a new word.

7 comments:

  1. Haha! Did you see my post from Thursday, so funny! Looks like we're on the same page! Those tables are incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I just did my closet and this is putting me to shame. Of course I don't have a whole room to use!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That vimeo was so cool. Oh and I would love a whole room just for a closet space..

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT ideas here! I'm all about a good IKEA hack too. Can you imagine turning an entire room into a closet? Dream.

    I ended up buying the faux-DWR crystal chandie from Z Gallerie for my kitchen and I love it (and the price!). ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd very happily take ANY of these! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those Lack hacks are so tempting to me, but I honestly don't have room for more end tables. I want a greek key trimmed table (using O'verlays) or some sort of nailhead detailing but I'm going to have to rearrange things and figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for posting my chandelier! Your blog is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete